Friday 6 May 2016

SNP WIN AND DOMINATE NEW PARLIAMENT - BUT HAVE THE YOONS OR THE EMPIRE STRUCKBACK?

I don't regret my double SNP vote in the Glasgow region, even although they didn't get a list seat. 

SNP Lucky with D'Hondt in 07 and 11 

 

In 2007 and 2011 the SNP was lucky with the way D'Hondt turned out. This time they were not.

The result is great domestically i.e. within Scotland (and tinkering round the edges of problems) as I believe the minority SNP Govt was better than the majority and the SNP are by far the largest party.

However as an independence supporter I can't see how the green agenda can be furthered in the UK much at the moment. And I have said before I would probably vote green in an independent Scotland.

Has the Empire Struck Back?

So I can't understand the recent rather lukewarm response to Scottish independence from the Scottish Greens recently. I wouldn't bank on them agreeing to another indyref in the next 5 years according to a recent hearsay conversations with Zara Kitson.  However given that she is not now an MSP perhaps that will help a change of mind.

So the cause of of indy may have been delayed. If it has then in a way the Empire in Way has Struck Back. 


A Wonderful Result for the SNP

No matter which way you look at it though it is a wonderful result for the SNP. After 9 years they are still by far the largest party in Holyrood and will form the vast majority of the Government if not all, with other party support in new Scottish Parliament.

Just can't believe the Tory vote or indeed Orkney and Shetland still so strongly for LibDems after Alistair Carmichael. Weird.... Indeed one really does wonder about it as it was such an astonishing one. What local issues in Orkney and Shetland don't we know about.

Thats my view. Not a prob to have a different one. 

I hope my point re indy is proved wrong though!

No comments:

Post a Comment