Sunday 25 August 2013

WALES TO HAVE OPT OUT ORGAN DONATION LAW



I have been registered as an organ donor for many years and have done this willingly. However if the Scottish, or UK Governments or even the European Union bring in a presumed consent legislation like the Welsh Government then I will opt OUT. Only I have the right to decide what happens to my body after my death and I will not have that right of choice taken away.


Presumed Consent is not consent

Presumed consent is not consent! It is setting a dangerous precedent for other legislation when presumed consent can be used as a justification for action without a person’s agreement.

I would also object to have to fill in a form to opt out of the presumed consent system to take control of my own body organs.


The taking of someone's organs without their explicit consent could be called theft

Carwyn Jones (First Minister of Wales, Labour) and Kirsty Williams (Welsh Liberal Democrat Leader) could be called the new Burke and Hare. The taking of someone’s organs without their explicit consent could be called theft.

Under the current system in Scotland a total of 285 people have received life-saving transplants in the 12 months prior to April 2013 as latest figures show that Scotland has achieved a 74.1 per cent increase in organ donors. (Source: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2013/04/organ-donation11042013)

No comments:

Post a Comment